Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend update


We had a very busy, very fun weekend. Saturday I took Jaydan to our local Pumpkin Patch. We went last year and he was way too small to enjoy most of the fun stuff, but we saw the potential for fun as he grows so we knew a tradition was born. Sadly, our Daddy had to work so we went without him! It was so much more fun this year. Jaydan really enjoyed the petting zoo, and cow-train ride. He was able to run around and get some exercise and get dirty. There were several exclamations of "Wow" upon seeing the different animals and he was so excited to see the "duts" (turkeys and a peacock). I hope that someday we will be able to convince him that all birds are NOT ducks, but right now he's not buying it.









I couldn't resist doing a picture comparison. My what a difference a year makes! I'm sure next year will be even more fun and we will be able to enjoy even more of the activities. We came home that night and carved our pumpkin. Well, I carved it, Jaydan played with and tried to eat the guts! It turned out pretty cool..... you should run out and but a pumpkin carving kit. I am SO not artistic and if I can do this, just think of the cool things you can do if you have a modicum of talent. It was our first real snap of fall weather, it was cold enough Sunday morning to provide an excuse to build the season's first fire. That sparked (ha ha) a whole new reason for "No, nos", but it added to the fall-y festive mood!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Oh my gosh! How fun does all that look! He has grown so much since last year! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tori-

I got your blog site from my mom-hope it is okay that I am checking up on you. Your son is such a cutie, he reminds me of your brother Tyson. I love the pumpkin patch-wish we had one in McCall. I am so happy you and your family are doing well.

Carrie (Wright) LaFay

Anonymous said...

What a cute little punkin' that Jaydan is. Thanks for sharing such sweet pictures. Do you think I'll ever get to be a G-ma to a cute little punkin', too? (We'll see if Sunny reads this one!)

Love, Debbi

By the way, we think we're going to be called G-ma (Gee-maw) and G-pa (G-paw). We'll be the coolest G-parents around....next to your folks, that is!

Torikay said...

I'll bet your a G-Maw before you know it! And for the record, Jaydan is currently calling my parents "Paw" and "Shit", so it can't get much worse than that :)