Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Oh, son..... where do I even start? We've had a lot of changes in the last months so things have been kind of wild! You have always wanted to have a party at our house but our old house was just too small. So, this year, we had a party for you and Sissy together at the new house. It was fun! We invited your best buddies over and you all played horseshoes, golf and basketball in the yard. You said it was your best birthday ever!
You are growing so, so fast!! I feel like I just blinked and you're this big, rational thinking kid... not a baby anymore at all!!
At 7 you are:
1) So fun... you still like to entertain with your wit, dancing and here lately singing (very animatedly). Something tells me that throughout your life you will be the life of the party!
2) Kind. You make me so proud when you willingly give up something you want or share something you have for a friend or your little sister. You have a HUGE heart and that is my very favorite thing about you.
3) Busy. Our house is a constant stream of running feet, thrown and bouncing balls, crashing cars, etc. You have a basketball hoop on your bedroom door and I hear you up there CONSTANTLY shooting lay up after lay up or "dunking". Also, interesting, you love basketball on your ipad and have learned tons of players and stats..... I think you may have your Daddy's memory for sports data!
4) Smart. You use your smarts for both good and evil ;)
5) NOT sucking fingers (finally). At your 7 year check up the dentist, was like "Dude, you gotta stop". You had pretty much stopped except for at bedtime once you got into school but we'd tried nasty nail paint, bribes, threats the whole nine. Finally you were smart enough to come up with the idea of wearing a glove to bed. It feels weird enough that if you do it when you're sound asleep and don't know you're doing it.... you stop! I told you you were smart!!
6) My pride and joy. Not every day is easy.... but everyday my heart is full because of you and your Sissy. I could not be any prouder of you and I would not change one single thing about my big seven year old!
Posted by Torikay at 3:15 PM