Friday, May 7, 2010

Potty Training 101



I'm happy to report that we have made some real progress in this department over the past few weeks. Jaydan finally tried pooping on the potty and as long as Mama is around, makes it to the potty more often than not. That being said, we've learned a couple of lessons the hard way, and though Jaydan will hate me for this one day, I'm willing to pass our knowledge along.

1) Never let your trainee fall asleep on your back with undies on. This one goes to Jeff.... they boys feel asleep watching cartoons the other morning, with Jaydan laying on Jeff's back. Jaydan peed on his Daddy, got down stripped his undies off and pooped successfully on the potty and THEN woke his Dad up and said "I pooped on the potty all by myself. Sorry I peed on your back, that was an accident". Hard to be mad about that!!!

2) If your trainee suddenly goes very quiet, be VERY afraid. We have dealt with our share of messes for overlooking this one. I asked him one time if he was pooping and he told me "don't worry about it". I should have been worried...... very, very worried.

3) Your child can go a weekend at a time without an accident, but the second you take said child to Walmart, they will pee their pants. Guaranteed.

4) Blackmail, bribe, or do whatever it takes to get them to sit on the potty..... they will NOT ever learn if you can't get that much done.

All things considered, I feel like we are well on the way at this point! Three were times when I thought it might never happen, but I think we are getting there! One out of diapers, just in time to start all over again!! Woo hoo!!

1 comments:

Sunny said...

So glad that there is progress for little J! Hopefully he will keep getting better and better about going in the potty!